Sunday, February 19, 2012

Art 220: Entry 11

Time did not permit for everyone to present on Tuesday, so on Thursday I presented my game idea. While Tuesday was a good overview of how to present, I was looking forward to getting feedback on specific weak areas pertaining to my personal presentation style. Overall, I was told that I did a good job. I presented for a good amount of time and I kept eye contact with everyone in the class. I had my feet a good distance apart, giving me good balance and preventing the need to shift around. I occasionally looked back to my presentation board to indicate visuals. I smiled and maintained a good level in my voice. I was quite pleased with myself but I knew that my presentation was not perfect. When it came to the critique, a classmate did indeed point what I failed to do. I did not have a strong conclusion. At the end of my presentation, I thought I had more to say, but when I realized I had stated everything that needed to be said, I simply said "The End." While everyone laughed at my cover up, I know that this would not have been well-received in a professional environment.

When I write essays, I struggle with the conclusion. With essays, however, I have time to think of a way to end it properly and I usually do a great job. Presenting in a public setting is instantaneous and it was good for me to find out my weak points. A simple "thank you" would have more desirable in lieu of what I stated and now I know this for future presentations.

descriptor collection
skewed: slanted or unsymmetrical
eloquent: something that is spoken clearly, expressively and beautifully
irresistible: an overpowering desire

No comments:

Post a Comment